Votes for Children
Bills Sponsored or Cosponsored
Actions Against the Interests of Children
Rep. McCarthy represents a district with a child poverty rate of 24.9 percent. 12.5 percent of children in this district are in extreme poverty, 21.8 percent are food insecure, and 4.3 percent lack health insurance. During the 116th Congress, Rep. McCarthy has taken 3 votes that would help the children in his district. He has introduced 0 bills and cosponsored 0 bills to help children. Rep. McCarthy has taken 6 actions in support of legislation we believe to be against the interests of children.
This report card includes information on more than 500 bills introduced during this Congress. So far, Rep. McCarthy has taken the following action during this Congress:
- voted against H.R.1112 the Enhanced Background Checks Act of 2019.
- voted for H.R.1122 the Housing Choice Voucher Mobility Demonstration Act of 2019.
- voted for H.R.2940 the bill to extend the program of block grants to States for temporary assistance for needy families and related programs through September 30, 2019..
- voted against H.R.3401 the Emergency Supplemental Appropriations for Humanitarian Assistance and Security at the Southern Border Act, 2019.
- voted against H.R.5 the Equality Act.
- voted against H.R.582 the Raise the Wage Act.
- voted against H.R.6 the American Dream and Promise Act of 2019.
- voted against H.R.8 the Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019.
- voted for H.R.95 the Homeless Veteran Families Act.
For more information on the methodology of this report card visit this page.